Monday, May 4, 2009

Ants and Allergies

I have this bad/odd habit of trying to find something that is not perfect about any situation. I am not sure why I do this other than that nothing is perfect and if I find something small wrong with the situation then I kind of feel like nothing else will be wrong or bad with the situation. I know, I know totally weird. Anyway, I have found what is bad/wrong about our move to Cali. (I was beginning to wonder because everything has been great!) The bad things are ants and allergies. Both have been really bad lately. We have had problems with both of these items when we lived here long ago, but I guess I just put them out of my mind.
Our allergies have been really bad. Chris' eyes swelled so bad a week or so ago. He looked terrible and must have felt that way too. My everything itches. I can't stop sneezing, and my chest feels weird. Braden and Kelsey are also showing signs of bad allergies too. I really feel for them. I can't take anything for it since I am pregnant and chris tried over the counter claritin to try and relieve some of the symptoms, but that didn't help. The last couple of days have been better since it has been raining, but I am afraid for the sun to poke its head back out.
There is a bad thing about the rain... ANTS!!! I can't stand them. They just get into everything and everywhere! I don't like to use insecticide spray a bunch; it bothers my lungs and I hate the smell and Kelsey wont stay away from things. I don't want her to get into it before it dries. So, I have been spending a lot of time on ant patrol. (The kids think it is a fun game) and cleaning everything a lot. I am so sick of sweeping the floor. So needless to say, we have spent a lot of time with our dish soap and cinnamon and counter cleaner. I hope that as the rain passes, so will the ants... otherwise I just might go crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment