Tuesday, November 17, 2009

update

I am really not very good at writing blog posts!! I think about it when I don't have enough time and forget when I have a moment. Anyway, life here has been as crazy as ever. The kids are busy with soccer and school and friends. I keep busy with volunteering, MOMS club, appointments, and running the kids around. Oh and the housework has to fit in there somewhere.

Our latest news is small health scares for the 2 little girls. We went in for well checks for B and the 2 littles and while we were there they found a heart murmur on Kelsey and that something was indeed wrong with Karlie's eyes. We figured that it was coming, but you always have a small hope that they say it is really nothing. So the last 2 weeks or so have been filled with a lot of anxiety and tests. They completed a battery of tests on Kelsey within a few days of finding the murmur, but we have not heard any news as of yet. I am hoping no news is good news. Karlie went to the pediatric opthamologist today. It was definitely more promising than my mind was letting me believe. She does have cataracts in both eyes. The good news is, that they are positioned at the front of her eyes (and that is why we can see them) and that she doesn't really have any vision loss at this point. We have to watch her carefully for changes and have her seen in a few months because the bad part is that if they grow and her vision does become blurry it can cause lifelong damage. With kids, their brains have to learn how to see and when that is compromised the damage becomes permanent even if we fix the cataracts. So we just have to keep our fingers crossed that they don't grow or that we are able to catch it in time to fix before there is any real damage.

In other news, I am going to be a girlscout leader. Yes, me! I am not sure how I feel about this. Avery really wants to do it but there are no open troops unless I want to be a leader. So there you go... the things we do for our kids. I think that she will really enjoy it though.

The kids finish soccer this coming weekend and both have end of the season parties to attend. They are a little over the top for my taste, but the kids will have fun. They are both still deciding what activity they would like to do next, so we will have to see where we go from here.

I guess that is all that is new here. We are now just getting ready for the holidays and enjoying the beautiful weather we are having right now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Karlie doesn't have any vision loss at this point and I really hope it will stay that way too. For Kelsey's heart murmur...wasn't/isn't that what nic has/had? Well, good luck with your girlscout leader position! Hope to catch you this Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh by the way, I started writing for LuckyStarFruit.blogspot.com, I wrote directions on how to make a happy turkey out of recycling goods...check it out if you have time! =)

    ReplyDelete